- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g premium lean beef mince
- 1 medium yellow capsicum, deseeded and diced into 3cm cubes
- 300g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 x 400g diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup beef stock
- 250g Ceres Organics Sorghum Fusilli pasta
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup grated parmesan, to serve
- salt and cracked pepper
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic, cook, stirring for 4 – 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add mince, cook for 3 – 4 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato paste, beef stock, capsicum and mushrooms. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water following packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Add drained pasta and basil to the sauce, mix well to combine. Divide pasta between serving plates. To serve, sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top.
Note: If you can’t find Sorghum Fusilli, you can use normal pasta spirals
If you would like more updates on healthy recipe ideas and nutrition tips, make sure you sign up for our FREE newsletter!