- 500g beef rump steak, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 small bird’s eye chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 bunch Thai basil, leaves picked
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into 3 cm pieces
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- steamed brown rice, to serve
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add beef and stir-fry for 2- 3 minutes or until beef is browned. Transferred to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, add remaining oil, garlic and chilli cook on medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add carrot, broccoli, green beans, zucchini as well as capsicum and stir-fry for 4 minutes or until vegetable softens.
- Meanwhile, add cornflour, water, oyster and soy sauce in a small bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Add sauce mixture, beef and basil back into the pan and stir-fry until heated through.
- Serve with steamed brown rice.
If you would like more updates on healthy recipe ideas and nutrition tips, make sure you sign up for our FREE newsletter!