- 2 cups shredded cos lettuce
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 red capsicum, trimmed, seeded and cut into 2cm pieces
- ½ cup fresh coriander
- 350g firm tofu, drained, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five-spice
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons nigella seeds, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
1. In a small bowl mix together miso, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, olive oil, ginger, lemon juice and water until well combined.
2. Add tofu and Chinese five-spice in a large bowl. Mix well to combine.
3. Add oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add tofu and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden on both sides.
4. In a large bowl, add cos lettuce, cabbage, capsicum, carrot and tofu. Pour dressing over the top and toss well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with nigella seeds and fresh coriander.
If you would like more updates on healthy recipe ideas and nutrition tips, make sure you sign up for our FREE newsletter!