- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 600g skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 red chilli’s finally sliced
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 400ml light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 large carrot, sliced thinly
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 small broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 yellow capsicum, trimmed, seeded and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1/3 cup almonds, toasted and roundly chopped
- Place a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the oil, onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the chicken, chilli, curry paste and cook for 4 – 5 minutes until the chicken is browned all over and well coated in the paste. Add coconut milk and fish sauce and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low – medium, bring to simmering point and cook for 6–8 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, steam the capsicum, sugar snap peas, cauliflower and broccoli for 2 minutes until just tender, then drain and stir through the curry.
- To serve, spoon the curry into bowls and garnish with the fresh coriander and toasted almonds. Serve with 2/3 cup steamed basmati rice.