- 3 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 6 dried dates, roughly chopped
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- sprinkle of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (160 °C fan-forced). Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Mix oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, a sprinkle of salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, maple syrup and vanilla essence. Pour over dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly over baking trays and bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until nicely toasted. Make sure to stir the granola every 5 minutes to prevent it from burning. Allow it to cool for 20 minutes. This will help it get crunchier.
- In a large bowl, mix granola with dried cranberries, chopped dates and shredded coconut. Store mixture in an airtight jar or container. Serve with yoghurt or milk.
If you would like more updates on healthy recipe ideas and nutrition tips, make sure you sign up for our FREE newsletter!