- 1 – 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 500g pork mince
- ½ cup chopped oyster mushrooms
- 1 carrot finely grated
- 75g canned water chestnuts, finely chopped
- ¼ bunch spring onion chopped (use the green section only)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 baby cos lettuce, washed, leaves separated
- 1 red cayenne chilli, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon black or white sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Place lettuce into a large bowl and cover with cold water. Keep it in the refrigerator until required (this will help the lettuce remain nice and crisp).
- Heat garlic infused oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute, until soft and fragrant. Add mince and cook for 5 minutes or until brown and cooked through. Toss in carrot, water chestnuts, mushrooms, soy sauce & oyster sauce. Sauté for 2 – 3 minutes, until vegetables are well cooked. Add spring onion and sesame oil, cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Drain lettuce leaves and use a paper towel to dry them. Fill each lettuce cup with the mince mixture. Garnish with some freshly chopped chilli and sesame seeds.
If you would like more updates on healthy recipe ideas and nutrition tips, make sure you sign up for our FREE newsletter!