- 3 – 4 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup plain natural yoghurt
- 1 1/2 cups plain wholemeal flour
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line sixteen 80ml (1/3-cup) capacity muffin tins with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and beat well.
- Sift wholemeal flour, self-raising flour, baking powder, bicarb soda and cinnamon in a separate large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and fold in the yoghurt, mashed bananas and blueberries. Spoon mixture into lined muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Set aside to cool. Serve muffins warm or at room temperature.
Need further recipe ideas? Make sure you check out our Everyday Nutrition recipe ebook! You can download a free sample copy here.